I worked with Ruby and Charmaine on our Religion Project and I thought it was the best project I have done so far. We each know exactly what we wanted to do and how we wanted to do it. I think that we got all this done because we all know each other very well. We also work with each other also very well so there was hardly ever any confusion as to what we needed to do. Charmaine was the one who got us to focus when we weren’t which I am thankful for. All of the members of the group made an equal amount of contribution and no one really took the lead. We sort of all took the lead at points. We got off schedule for the first week because we were just getting started with our writing, but we caught up with our schedule later because we got into what I call work mode. Once we moved away from other distractions our project worked out must better. We got the hang of it after a week and a half so we actually got it done. We met all the expectations we had at the beginning of the project. We also used Ruby’s mom (she is an actual editor) to edit our book .We probably should have edited by giving it to our other group member before giving it to Ruby’s mom, but i think it worked out better and was a time saver.
We used many websites as recourses for our project. We did not use any other source. Once we found a website, we would chop down the url before we took the information given. Then we would copy the information into a google doc, which I thought worked out very well because we all had access to information without having to have it be emailed to each other. Once we got the information in the doc, I would take it into a text edit document and chop the information down to just the actual facts themselves. Then I would put this information below the original one so it would be easier for my group mates to find the information. At some points we weren’t exactly very into the whole check the website thing, but we did a pretty good job.
I thought that the writing we did was very good. We came in with the perfect mix of fact and story. I though that making every place (hotels, city’s, food) real was a cool effect, because it just makes it more like a real journal and as well as better. I think that the amount of writing that we produced showed four weeks of work. I also think that the quality of the writing as well showed four weeks of work.
The presentation of our project was not very good at all. We did not really prepare so it was awful. I agree with Rob that we should have known what each other was going to say, know what we were going to read, and then it would have turned out a lot better. I also think (as Rob said) that we could have said that to actually understand the book, you would have to read it. I think that even thought the presentation of the project was not good, I think that the rest of the project was.
I liked that we had the end of the week reflection because on the second week I realized how far we were behind schedule. So the week after that reflection of realization, we went into what I call work mode (a time where we are very, very focused on work and getting thing done) and we actually caught back up to our schedule. At the end of our project we had a little bit of a rush, but in the end we got it done.
I would do a project like this again, but it would not be about religion because by the end of the project (by that I mean the last few days) I was just plain done. I had enough. But, i think it would be fun just to make up stuff about a person and her\his travels to a place. Or even just the person and their regular life when everything has gone wrong. If I did this same project again the only thing I would do differently would be to add more color to the front cover. Looking back, I think that this was one of my best projects so far and I thought it turned out great.