(I will train for them, listen careful to what Lisa and Rosana say, practice with my dad at home and then keep a record of the distances in a notebook. My distance will probably go farther if I am to gain something)
-to finish my blanket
(I will work every time a watch TV, I will work on it all of the spare time I have, and I will know when I am finished if I am sleeping with it.)
I learned about jobs, money, and trade in the Renaissance in a group with Taelon and Sean. We created a video showing successful merchants versus non-succesful merchants. Technical wise, I have learned how to record on i-movie and how to record on a video camera. Some things I have learned about organization are that some times it is hard to get people to do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. I think that in my next project (if I am in a group) I should(if I need to) be a little bit less flexible and a bit more forceful to get things done. We actually though, did a good job of staying on schedule . When we fell behind in schedule we got right back up the next day and I think that is a useful skill. I have learned many different things regarding facts from the Renaissance from a fact that most spies during the Renaissance were women because of their charm to the fact that bookbinders got very little credit for what they did though they were very very important. I have defiantly leaned a lot throughout this project.
We met most of our goals, but the ones we did not meet were based mostly on the economy and how taxes were collected and why. Throughout the project we sort of changed the way of researching from searching everything we had on the expectation list to just looking for the jobs. We also focused on making the non-factual scenes more than we did with the information that was hidden between the scenes. I think that we really needed to focus on information more than humor and that part of the feedback from other people. I completely agree that the bloody spy scene was revolting and unnecessary.
We thoroughly edited the evaluation of this project and did a good job of evaluating websites. We created a bibliography stating all of the websites we used throughout the project. We used many sources throughout this project. I think we actually used as much websites as we could find regarding our topic. We could have used more books, and I think we should have scoured the library looking for books, but I think we did a pretty good job of finding resources.
Our group got along very well and I guess I could say almost to well. There were points where all we were doing was looking at this website that had really cool shirts. I really don’t think that someone became the leader, though I do admit that I was at points a bit bossy. But all of the members of the group made a great contribution based on what their good at. For example, Taelon is good at the technical types of thing, so he did most of that, Sean was good at the bibliography and getting information, so he did most of that, and I was good at writing and establishing the script, so I did that. I think that process did very well and made a difference in everything we did.
As much as I liked doing this project I would not like to do the same thing again even with a different topic. I really want to do a project where I create a model or a T.V. news report with something like a rand page where they interview different people to hear their side of the story or a scene with maybe clay or something else to show what my topic is. Next tim , I think I would stay more on task and try to get things done with better efficiency.
Over all our projects had its ups and downs, but I have learned many things from both of those.
I have to admit that I think that I worked really hard and the work paid off I guess I could say. It has always been hard for me to admit to my successes, but now I honestly think I did a good job. I felt like I had a lot of connections to different family members that made it easier to understand. I think that I made very good use of my time and put a lot of effort into it. I also think that next time, it would be smart to use glue glue instead of a glue stick because some labels fell of during the ride from my house to school. I also think that I could have made the sheet of paper that I put the tree on to be bigger so that the names and members of the families are more clear. Over all I thought that my project went great, though their were a few flaws and I look forward to the next project, whatever that may be.